> Tag > Maine Coon cross
List of Maine Coon Cat Rescue Organisations
Maine Coon Rescue (MCR) is a nationwide network of volunteers who share one love, Our Beloved Maine Coon Cats. MCR’s mission is:
- To rescue abused, abandoned, surrendered and homeless Maine Coon (MC) Cats whether registered or not.
- To act as liaison between shelters, animal control and disaster agencies nationwide.
- To assist in providing appropriate medical care; to ensure all MC and MC Mix cats placed directly through, or into carefully screened Maine Coon Rescue (MCR) Foster Homes are spayed/neutered, up-to-date on shots, tested for FeLV/FIV.
- To provide carefully screened foster homes, if necessary prior to re-homing.
- To assist in assuring that they are placed in carefully screened forever homes.
- To share our wisdom and knowledge of this magnificent breed to assist in identifying MC/MC Mix cats that wind up in shelters.
- To educate potential adopters about the breed.
- To alert breeders that a cat from their cattery may need help.
- To network with other rescue groups and pool our resources.
- To help transport MC/MC Mix cats to their temporary foster or new forever homes.
- To network with other transport groups and pool our resources.
- To assist in providing resources, education and information regarding spay/neuter, declawing, behavior problems, indoor/outdoor issues.
- To do our part to educate the public about responsible pet ownership.
- To remain ever at hand, if needed, after a successful rescue has taken place.
Maine Coon Adoptions is the adoption division of Preventing Euthanasia Through Rescue (PET Rescue), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. They are a team of volunteers who love all cats and are particularly drawn to Maine Coon and Maine Coon mixes because of their wonderful personalities.
Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arkansas
Maine Coon Rescue Alliance is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization staffed solely by volunteers. The mission is to rescue, foster, and place Maine Coons and Maine Coon mixes in carefully screened homes within the following geographical boundaries.
They are dedicated to finding a good match; one that meets their individual needs as well as your family, and are happy to work with you as long as it takes to find the right match.
New England – United Maine Coon Cat Rescue League
The United Maine Coon Cat Rescue League is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit, volunteer organization made up of breeders and fanciers of the Maine Coon Cat. UMCCRL was created to fill a need to educate the public on spay and neuter, and proper cat care; and to provide rescue, foster care, and placement for homeless Maine Coon Cats.
Arizona Maine Coon Cat Rescue
AZ-MCCR, Inc. is a breed-specific cat rescue group, offering years of experience with Maine Coon and Maine Coon Mix cats. They are dedicated to rescuing, caring for and finding loving homes for these most precious of felines.
East Coast Maine Coon Rescue
East Coast Maine Coon Rescue (ECMCR) is an organization of dedicated volunteers who are committed to rescuing abandoned Maine Coon cats. The organization’s mission is to rescue abused, abandoned, surrendered and homeless maine Coon cats whther registered or not, to provide carefully screened foster homes, to assist in identifying Maine Coons/mixes that find themselves in shelters.
Adopt a Pet
Adopt-a-Pet.com (formerly 1-800-Save-A-Pet.com) is a non-profit pet adoption charity that helps shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their pets to adopters for free.
Petfinder is an online, searchable database of animals who need homes. It is also a directory of more than 13,000 animal shelters and adoption organizations across the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Although these last two are not specifically Maine Coon rescue organizations, they’re national across the US, and the websites are packed with useful information and good places to find a Maine Coon for adoption.
Next>>>Maine Coon Care
BACK TO HOME PAGE >>Maine Coon
Click here to see one of the earliest Maine Coon cat pictures ever taken