When it comes to pet lovers, there is a close get along with dogs as well as cats. In a particular household you can even find both the pets few going along well, and for few, the house owners to intervene. But for the youngest sibling in the cat breed ragdoll getting along with dogs and inbound activities is not at all problematic.
If you like cuddling maybe you will prefer having ragdoll at your home. These have interest towards humans as well as kids and resemble the Siamese cat look. These are quick in learning, and the following blue eyes with moderate longhair are the loving traits of this cat.
They love to play around with kids as these are floor cats and love being dressed as dolls. Recently there have been various discussions relating to ragdoll Maine coon mix.
Although the results of the cross-breeding are not eminently published since the results of the crossbreed is yet not clear. But as of now, the ragdoll Maine coon mix cats showcase the private nature as the ragdolls. They indulge in limb activities, but in comparison to the ragdoll, the mixed breeds have been found to have medium hair. The confirmed traits over the mixed race are still under consideration.
Most of the cat lovers get along with the ragdoll. If you are willing to have one to greet you and cuddle along was ith you probably you should be aware of how to decide the appropriate ragdoll. Herein you can find the simple tests to acknowledge the proper ragdoll cat.
- Physical Characteristics- The bright blue eyes are the sure test for ragdolls. If you find cats which do not have blue eyes and you are told they are ragdolls, then obviously they are not the original breeds of ragdolls.
- The pointed colouring-Another unique feature about these cats is that they have slightly lighter bodies in comparison to the pointer parts like the ears, legs, tail as well as the face. The color pattern for the ragdolls is colorpoint which does not have any presence of white in their coat and possess a pointed marking. With mitten ragdolls, you will find the essence of white on the forehead along with the nose and white boots are a prominence. These have belly stripe, and in a few cases, you can see the hourglass patch with a white chin.
For the Bi colored ones except for the pointed parts, the rest of the pieces have traits of white markings. The van pattern will showcase the darker markings on the cat.
- Size- These have a larger scale in comparison to other cats. With males weighing 15-20 lbs whereas that of females weighing 10-15 pounds. They seem overweight, but their genre is larger so the cat is fit.
- The texture of the coat- In spite of the long hair, they do not shed much. They have a silky coat which is soft and fluffy. Only during the shedding season, you will find the matted fur around the armpit. Apart from it, they seek very little grooming.
ragdoll cat personality
Although the cats are docile and cuddle actively with anybody who holds it in spite of that, they are not lazy. They actively participate in fetching games and play along with children. The highlighted ragdoll cat personality you can note down if you are having one at your home are-
- Docile personality- They do not impact the wild behavior as the others in its breed, it is generally calm and lovers following around its owner. They love cuddling and will leap on your lap or greet you by the door. These do not impart hyperactive behavior as other kittens.
- Gets along in the in the house- It loves being involved in the family activities. And will efficiently play for the fetching of toys along with the children. If your children tend to lug around the ragdoll cat, you will not have to interfere as they are comfortable with adjustments and integrate with anyone around.
- Affectionate- These love being cradled around the back as the babies do. But as you attempt to pick them up, they tend to limp, but it is adorable. Showcasing affection is their best part as they love staying around their owner. Much of their time is used up napping. These are quick learners and will come up the moment you call them around.
These cats are noted to survived around 15-20 years on an average.
Contents of article
Ragdoll cat price
Since these cats are favorite among breeders, so they are quite expensive. The average cost of the kittens is quite high since their breeding process is selective. If you are planning on purchasing a ragdoll for yourself. It will cost you $400 for a pet cat, but in case you are going for the showcase, you will probably have to pay $1000 or maybe more depending upon the breeder. If you are not sure about your purchase than in that case, you should preferably go with a reputed breeder. If you lack details of the reputed breeders, you can get one from the cats’ association as they have the details of all the registered efficient breeders. Always check the documentation of the breeder to authorize your purchase. A veterinarian can confirm whether your ragdoll is an original breed or not.
Health problems which might happen to the Ragdoll
Since the cat is a mixed breed in itself, it is on the risk of a few generic diseases like-
• Heart disease known as the Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is common owing to their mutation.
• They are on a chance of bladder stone.
• File infectious peritonitis is in predisposition with the cat.
Caring options for the ragdoll
ince the undercoat of the fur restricts shedding of the fur. In spite of these, the coat should be groomed twice in a week with a steel comb to remove the dead hair else they will tingle the cat. Especially the legs should be combed properly to avoid mats. During the winter the coat will be at the peak. Bathe the cat as suggested by the vet. You can clean the ear with a mixture of cider vinegar and work water. Around 4 in age, they will develop a fat belly that does not mean it is obese it’s the trait of the breed. These cats love staying at the height of the humans so they will confine to your sofa or bed. You can even provide them with their hygienic box to rest. If you are a travel lover and looking out for a companion maybe, you can partner well with the ragdoll cat.